Most people prefer to do business with businesses that are local to them. This means they are going to search for a service + their local location.
As an example someone might search ‘website design Geelong’.
Optimising your website’s local SEO for the services you provide, will give your site a better chance of being listed in a Google search.
Install an SEO plugin
Table Of Contents
Metadata is information applied to web pages. This information is used by search engines to understand your website’s content and location.
Optimising your website for local traffic
Once you have installed an SEO plugin do the following for each page.
- Write descriptive meta page tiles that include your service and location.
- Add the primary keyword and location that relates to the content on your page.
- Write a metadata summary description about for each page. Include the keyword phrase and location.
Other things you can do to improve your website’s local SEO
- Generate a sitemap, and submit this to Google Search Console.
- Create a Google My Business listing. These are the local search results that include a map.
- Ask happy customers to write testimonials on your Google My Business listing.
- Create content based on local news stories and events. Publish this content on your website and social media pages.
- Be sure to use plenty of local keywords in your written content.
- Optimise your website design to look good on mobile.
- List your business on business directories.
- Create a locally focused page for each service/product you provide.
If you would like to speak with us about local SEO optimisation for your website please get in touch.